Monday, December 31, 2007

Full frontal lobotomy

Just when you think The Guardian cannot possibly sink any deeper into self-parody, it does. Tanya Gold went undercover speed dating to find out what men are looking for in a woman:

As a lawyer, I walked into a Soho bar. My first date appeared. I smiled at him, and said: "I am a human rights lawyer (grin)." "I work 60 hours a week (grin)." And watched him shrivel up. "I'm an engineer," he said (no grin). And then he was silent, so I told him I was reading Heidegger. He stared at me as if I had told him that I boil men's heads.
Or bunny rabbits? Definitely rabbits.

Investigative journalism doesn't get much better than this. Not in The Guardian, at any rate.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

She did overdo the "intellectual woman" bit somewhat but she does have a point!

Buon anno, DD!